Many people struggle with an extra layer of fat on their neck, giving them the appearance of a double chin. Neck fat, while not a problem by itself, can affect one’s facial structure, making them look older. Many things could lead to neck fat, including
- Age: as one gets older, their facial skin begins to lose its elasticity, becoming saggy and dropping around the chin, resulting in neck fat.
- Genetics: if your family has a history of neck fat, then the chances are high that you would end up with it also.
- Posture: the way you generally position yourself could result in neck fat.
- Obesity: if you are overweight or were overweight at some point, even after shedding some of the fat, a little may remain around your neck.
Now we have seen that neck fat is caused by so many things, some of which may even be beyond your control. We would now look at exercises to do to get rid of neck fat.
1. Neck Stretch
This exercise is meant to tighten your neck muscles, reducing the fat. To do that, simply follow these steps;
- Tilt your head back and look at the ceiling.
- Press your tongue against the roof of your mouth.
- Hold for 5 to 10 seconds and release
- Do this up to 5 times, twice a day
2. Ball Exercise
For this you would need a small, soft ball, then follow these steps;
- Place the small ball under your chin.
- Press your chin down against the ball.
- Hold it for 5-10 seconds
- Repeat 25 times daily
This exercise is best done in a sitting position.
3. Fish Face
This exercise also works for your cheeks as well. Do the following steps;
- Suck air into your mouth, filling up your cheeks. Do this until your mouth is filled with air.
- Now try to smile with air still in your mouth.
- Aim to hold the smile for at least 5 seconds.
- Release all the air, wait for 30 seconds, and repeat.
4. Neck Glides
Doing neck glides can also help with your neck fat;
- Glide your neck to the left and hold in that position for 5 seconds.
- Release and glide your neck back to the normal position.
- Glide it to the right and hold it in that position for another 5 seconds.
- Repeat this up to 20 times.
5. Chewing Gum
If you are not a fan of chewing gum, you should probably start now as it can help you reduce your neck fat. Chewing gum exercises your jaw as well as your face muscles. Even if you cannot chew gum every day, make it a habit to do it, at least once a week. You can try sugar-free, minty gums.
Getting rid of neck fat is not always easy so do not be hard on yourself if you do not see changes in a week or two. Just keep doing the exercises listed here, which are all quite easy. Also, you may have to work on your diet, reducing your calorie intake. Some of the things you should do in this regard include reducing your fried food intake, reducing your sugar intake, avoiding processed food, eat more fruits and vegetables. You should also strive for a better posture and may have to accompany your neck fat exercises with regular exercise to get rid of fat in other areas.
Generally observing a healthier lifestyle can help you get rid of neck fat faster.
- 8 Exercises To Do Every Day At Home
- 5 Exercises for A Healthy Prostate
- 13 Best Exercises to Burn Belly Fat Immediately
- Fitness and Erectile Dysfunction: Best Exercises for ED