The most suitable time of the day for exercise is in the morning. A morning routine is not balanced without exercise. A study showed that morning exercises are more effective than those done in the morning or the night.
Performing exercises in the morning has a lot of benefits which will be discussed in this article.
Benefits Of Exercising In The Morning
Here are some of the benefits that can be derived from working out in the morning:
Acts as a mood booster
An early morning exercise helps in the secretion of endorphins, serotonin, norepinephrine, and dopamine, which promotes your well-being and boosts your mood. It also balances your body’s stress hormones, such as adrenaline and cortisol.
Aids weight loss
Morning exercises are much more effective in burning calories and excess fat than exercises done at other times of the day. This is due to fat oxidation, which is found naturally when exercises are done before eating in the morning.
According to a 2019 study in the international journal of obesity, a group who exclusively exercised in the morning was more likely to lose weight than those who exercised later in the day.
Improves sleep quality
Exercising in the morning causes your body to produce melatonin earlier in the evening. A 2017 study shows that morning exercise can improve nocturnal sleep quality in individuals with difficulty initiating sleep, especially in the later part of the night.
A 2013 study concluded that acute exercise enhances energy boost and decreases fatigue.
Best Exercises To Do In The Morning
Here are some of the best exercises you can do in the morning:
1. Power push-ups
This is one of the most simple morning exercises. This exercise will help in weight loss, improvement in metabolism, and building strong muscles. It also increases chest muscle strength and also helps reduce weight.
How to do power push-ups:
- Lie on the floor with your face towards the ground. Support your body with your hand while you place your palm flat on the floor.
- Lift your body by drawing your elbows in till your arms are fully outstretched.
- Only your toes and hands should be on the ground.
- Then, slowly collapse your arms as you bring your body down.
Squats are one of the easiest morning exercises that aid weight loss. It also strengthens the legs, hips, and knees.
How to do squats:
- Raise your arms in front of you with your feet apart
- Push yourself up with the base of your heels to the initial position and repeat.
This is the most underrated morning exercise. Walking is a refreshing morning exercise that helps burn calories from the body.
Planks is a super effective morning exercise that helps with back pain.
How to do planks:
- Kneel on the mat with all four.
- Now stretch your legs back once at a time to be in a plank position.
- Your hands should be under the shoulder and legs straight.
5. Jump rope
Skipping rope or jump rope is another one of the best exercises to do in the morning. If you’re looking for an effective cardio workout, jumping rope is one of the top exercises you can do.
What makes this exercise great is that it is a quick, affordable, simple, and effective workout. It increases your cardiovascular strength and respiratory fitness and helps you build stronger bones and muscles.
Many people like to jog in the morning because it is an easy-to-do workout after waking up.
However, there are still many other reasons why it’s a great exercise. A morning jog can boost your metabolism, helping your body burn calories throughout the day.
Furthermore, jogging in the morning will promote better sleep quality and decrease stress levels.
This is one of the arts mastering your mind and body. Practicing yoga in the morning boosts your metabolism and eases out your stress hormones. It helps release hormones that boost your mood and enhance your concentration power.
An example of a yoga pose is the balancing table pose:
- Kneel on your knees on the floor.
- Look down between your palms and keep your back flat.
- Exhale, and raise your left leg and right arm simultaneously parallel to the floor.
Exercising in the morning has many benefits such as improving your mood, aiding weight loss, and better sleep. While some of the best exercises to do in the morning are jogging, jumping rope, walking, power push-ups, yoga, and squats.
- What Are The Best Exercises For The Heart?
- 5 Best Exercises To Do After Eating
- 4 Easy Exercises For Building Muscles At Home
- 3 Exercises That Can Make You Taller
- 6 Simple Exercises That Burn The Most Calories At Home
- Fitness and Erectile Dysfunction: Best Exercises for ED
- 5 Simple Exercises That Can Help You Poop
- 6 Exercises To Do While Watching TV