After childbirth, the one thing women focus on is getting back their pre-pregnancy weight. Women gain a lot of weight during the pregnancy period.
While some of that weight might be necessary, once the baby has been delivered, most of that weight needs to be shed, especially if the woman plans to get pregnant again.
Also, when it comes to things like baby weight, some women find it easier to lose than others.
Losing baby weight is not so easy. With many things to do, including taking care of the baby, there is hardly any free time for the woman to spend taking care of herself.
This is why many women are stuck with baby weight for a long time. Another reason for this is that most women do not know how to go about getting rid of that weight.
The two common ways to lose baby weight include through dieting and exercising.
Making changes to your diet can be very helpful, especially when you follow it through, but if you want to shed weight faster, then you should exercise.
The mere mention of the word “exercise” is enough to turn people off, but it does not have to be so. The kind of exercises you should do to lose baby weight are not as intense as you might have thought.
To help you, we have curated some of the best exercises you can do today to lose baby weight. To find out more, read on.
Now, before we look at some of the exercises you can do, there are a few things you have to keep in mind before you start working out.
1. Have realistic expectations. You cannot shed all that baby weight in a month. Set small goals and aim to meet them. It is these small goals that would lead to big results over time.
2. You may not see results in the first week of working out, and that is fine. Do not feel discouraged. Just keep going.
3. Do not push yourself unnecessarily. Know the kind of exercises you can do and avoid doing anything too intense or more than you can handle. But if you encounter any injuries please visit a physiotherapist.
4. Exercise and diet go hand-in-hand. To see the best results, you should make sure you are following a good diet plan while you work out.
Now that we have cleared that up let us look at some exercises you can do.
Planking is a very good exercise for burning calories and reducing belly fat. It helps to strengthen the body as it engages many muscles at once.
Plus, it is a very simple exercise to do, and you can do it from the comfort of your bedroom or living room.
To do planks, simply rest your forearm on the ground and stretch your legs with your toes touching the floor.
It is important that your body is straight and properly stretched.
Maintain that position for 15-30 seconds, then release. You can take a break and do it two or three more times.
You can never go wrong with squats. This exercise targets the thighs, buttocks, as well as the belly. It is a seemingly simple exercise with loads of benefits.
To do squats, follow the steps below
— Start with your legs wide apart and your toes pointing forward, with your hands on your hips.
— Go down to a sitting position slowly, without resting on anything. Make sure to put your weight on your heels. Go down until your knees have formed a 90-degree angle.
— Maintain that position for 5 seconds, then slowly make your way up to the starting position.
— Complete 8–12 reps for 2–3 sets.
3. Lateral Lunges
Lateral lunges are also helpful for shedding baby weight. This exercise works on the glutes, inner thighs, hamstrings, and quads. In other words, it can help to lose weight around your lower body.
To do this exercise, follow the steps below
— Stand with the feet shoulder-width apart
— Step to the side with the right leg, keeping the left leg straight, and bend the right knee to lower into a squat position on the right side.
— Keep the chest up to maintain balance.
— Push back up with the right leg to return to the starting position.
— Complete 10 reps on each side (left and right legs).
Walking is one of the easiest and most effective exercises you can do to lose baby weight.
Walking is a good exercise for losing baby weight because it is low-impact, easy to do, and can be incorporated into your daily routine.
It can help to burn calories, which can contribute to weight loss. Walking is also a good way to get your heart rate up, which can help to improve your cardiovascular fitness.
Additionally, walking can be a good way to reduce stress and improve your mood, which can be beneficial for people who are trying to lose weight after having a baby.
Jump roping or skipping is a good exercise for losing baby weight because it is a high-intensity cardiovascular activity that can help you burn calories and lose weight.
It is also a low-impact exercise, which means it is easier on your joints than activities like running, and it can be done almost anywhere with minimal equipment.
In addition to its calorie-burning effects, jump roping can also help improve your coordination, balance, muscle strength, and agility.
Ensure that you consult with a healthcare provider before starting any exercise program, especially after giving birth
It is important to start slowly and gradually increase the intensity and duration of your workouts as you become more comfortable and as your fitness level improves.
Furthermore, always listen to your body and not push yourself too hard, especially if you are recovering from childbirth. It is always a good idea to consult with a healthcare provider before starting any exercise program, especially if you have any medical concerns or if you have had a cesarean delivery.
- 7 Best Exercises To Do In The Morning
- 5 Best Exercises To Do After Eating
- 4 Easy Exercises For Building Muscles At Home
- 3 Best Exercises For Reducing Cellulite
- 5 Best Exercises To Do While Intermittent Fasting
- 5 Best Exercises To Do When Bloated
- 4 Best Exercises For Bigger Legs At Home
- 5 Important Things to Do After Childbirth
- List of Items Required During Delivery in Nigeria
- 5 Healthy Nigerian Foods for Pregnant Women
- 5 Things To Consider When Choosing A Hospital For Delivery In Nigeria
- 12 Nigerian Foods That Boost Breast milk Production
- How To Protect Your Early Pregnancy
- 5 Important Exercise Tips For The Cold Weather