Having a slim, small, well-toned waist is a real desire for some people, especially females. With a slim waist, you can finally fit into that pair of jeans you have always wanted and you would have a stronger core, which would allow you to squat and lift more easily. While some people are blessed with being naturally well-toned, with a slim waist, others have to work for theirs. Changing your diet alone would not help you achieve the kind of waist you want. You would need to do certain exercises as well.
By doing the right exercises, you can get a slimmer waistline. While the exercises are not exactly strenuous, you would need to be dedicated to achieve what you want. Today, we would be looking at some of the exercises you can do for a slimmer waist.
1. Bicycle Crunch
Although the name may suggest otherwise, you do not need a bicycle for this exercise. Rather you do it while lying down. This exercise aims to build the front and side muscles of the stomach.
To do this exercise, follow the steps below:
- Start by lying flat on your exercise mat
- Raise both knees from the floor until your upper leg is parallel to the floor.
- Place your hands behind your head and keep your legs in a tabletop position.
- Now, use your left elbow to touch your right knee while you stretch the left leg.
- Alternate the position, using your right elbow to touch your left knee while keeping your right leg stretched at 45 degrees.
- Repeat the steps while alternating the position.
2. Side Plank
This is like the regular plank exercise, but rather than do it face down, you do it with your side.
To do this exercise for a slimmer waist, follow the steps below:
- Lean on the right side of your body in a straight line
- Keep your right arm bent with your elbow below your shoulder, using the elbow to lift yourself.
- Hold this position for about 30 seconds.
- Relax for 10 seconds then change the position, this time leaning with your left side.
- Repeat the steps while changing your position.
3. Shoulder Taps
This is another easy exercise to do. Just follow the steps below and you would do fine.
- Start in a plank position, with your arms straight from the ground. Make sure the rest of your body is in a straight line.
- Use your left hand to touch your right shoulder. When doing that, try to move the rest of your body as little as possible.
- Return your left hand to the original position, then use your right hand to touch your left shoulder.
- Repeat this 20 times, alternating your hands. Take a break, then continue again.
4. Knee Up Crunches
This exercise helps to build the muscles around the abdomen. Follow the steps below to do it.
- Lie down on your back, lift your legs off the ground and cross your feet.
- Keeping your legs up at a 90-degree angle, place your hands behind your head and crunch up until your shoulder blades come off the ground (exhale), keeping your head looking up at the ceiling.
- Slowly return to the starting position (inhale) and repeat.
Although these are the best exercises for a smaller waist, dieting and eating healthy can equally help you achieve a slimmer waist.