Keeping fit is key to staying healthy. While regular physical activities, such as running and walking, are encouraged, it is still necessary that you engage in exercises as often as possible. While there are so many groups of exercises, one you should really take seriously is a full-body workout. This article shows you some of the best exercises for full-body workout.
As the name implies, a full-body workout takes care of all parts of the body. This is different from exercises that prioritize one part of the body, such as upper limbs or lower limbs. A full-body workout benefits all parts of the body, including the arms, legs, and the core (areas around the belly), making it one of the best forms of exercise to engage in. Studies show that a full body workout is more effective than a split routine. Doing such a workout often would help to build muscle and would also keep your weight in check.
Today, we would be looking at some of the best exercises for a full-body workout. We would be looking at exercises you can do in the comfort of your home, without any machine or equipment, so you have no excuses not to do them. However let’s find out some benefits of a full-body workout.
Health Benefits of Full-Body Workout:
- Gives the body better flexibility
- Increases workout efficiency
- Increases strength and endurance
- Helps in muscle building
- Increases muscle recovery rate
- Improves cardiovascular health
- Burns more calories is less time.
5 Best Exercises For Full-Body Workout
This is one of those exercises that involve different parts of the body and it is relatively easy to do.
- Start from a standing position, then slowly drop to a squat, with your hands on the ground.
- From the squatting position, kick your feet back, like the pushup position, with your arms extended.
- Then, quickly move your legs forward, into a squat position, and do a jump.
- Repeat steps 1 – 3 all over again.
A lot of people are familiar with push-ups. It is the first intense exercise many of us learn, even though we do not learn how to do it correctly at first. Both the muscles in the arms and the legs are well-exercised here.
- Drop your palms on the floor with your arms extended.
- Extend your legs back while keeping your toes on the floor.
- Lower yourself so that your chest almost touches the ground. Remember to keep your knees straight.
- Extend your arms as you lift your chest.
- Repeat steps 1 – 4 all over again.
Squat is another exercise that is very easy to do.
- From a standing position, drop down to a squat.
- Rise back up again, then repeat.
Many people see plank as a difficult exercise but it is not really so as it has immense benefits for the arms, core, and legs.
- Rest your elbows on the floor with your legs stretched out.
- Maintain that position for about 10 – 15 seconds, for starters, then relax.
Lunges are easy and fun to do and they help to exercise both the arms and legs.
- Drop on one knee and place the other leg at a right-angle position.
- Lift the other knee from the ground and stretch that leg backward, with the toes on the floor.
- Move up and down, letting your knee almost touch the floor.
- Do this ten times, then switch legs.
Doing a full-body workout has so many amazing benefits, such as helping you burn more calories in less time, increasing flexibility and boosting cardiovascular health. Discussed above are some of the best exercises for full-body workout. These are simple exercises that you can do everyday at home. So why not add a full-body workout to your fitness routine?
YOU SHOULD ALSO READ:
- What Are The Best Exercises For Back Pain?
- Fitness and Erectile Dysfunction: Best Exercises for ED
- 7 Best Exercises for Pregnant Women
- 13 Best Exercises to Burn Belly Fat Immediately
- What Are The Best Exercises For The Heart?