Cloves are the dried flower buds of the clove tree, scientifically known as Syzygium aromaticum. Although they have been used for many purposes, they are commonly used as a spice for foods because of their aromatic taste. Over the years, cloves have also been used in traditional medicine. In this article, you will find out the health benefits of cloves for men.
Cloves contain in large quantities helpful nutrients like calcium, iron, eugenol, vitamin K, beta-carotene, and potassium. The Eugenol content of cloves is a strong chemical that fights infections and eases pains and aches.
There are so many varying benefits of cloves to men’s health.
However, cloves are particularly beneficial to men sexually, ranging from increasing the production of testosterone, boosting their sexual health, enhancing their erection, and so many more.
Now let’s explore the health benefits of cloves for men.
7 Health Benefits of Cloves For Men
Here are some health benefits of cloves to man:
1. Fights Inflammation
When there is bad inflammation in the body, it can lead to a long list of disorders like arthritis, asthma, atherosclerosis, blindness, cancer, and diabetes.
However, cloves contain multiple compounds that possess anti-inflammatory effects.
Eugenol is one of them. It has been shown to fight the inflammatory response in the body, lowering the risk of diseases such as arthritis and helping to manage symptoms.
2. Protects the body from cancer
Cancer is one of the major diseases that affect men today.
Medical studies claim that the compounds in cloves may minimize cancer cell growth and cause cancer cell death.
Even eugenol, which is present in cloves, has also been said to have powerful anticancer properties. Thus, cloves may help men prevent cancers.
3. May help in treating erectile dysfunction
Cloves help to increase the testosterone level in men, which helps them to reach their desired erection. The increase in testosterone by cloves helps to treat erectile dysfunction by boosting libido in men.
4. Regulates blood sugar levels
Many men who suffer from diabetes need to eat foods that will not raise their blood sugar levels.
According to medical studies, the compounds present in cloves may help keep blood sugar regulated.
Even studies conducted in rats found that clove extract regulated blood sugar increases in rats with diabetes.
5. Good for bone health
Osteoporosis and low bone mass are common conditions that affect men all over the world.
Manganese and eugenol — two compounds that are a found in high amounts in cloves. They are both useful in improving bone health.
Animal studies demonstrated that eugenol in clove extract improved reduced the risk of osteoporosis and increased bone density and strength.
While manganese plays a role in the formation of bone and in promoting bone health.
6. May help in preventing premature ejaculation
Clove helps to prevent and treat premature ejaculation in men by enhancing the nerve stimulation and blood flow of the male genitals, which helps to prevent or treat the issue of premature ejaculation, and this is helpful towards ensuring better sex.
7. Aids the increased production of sex hormones
A study was carried out in 2006, and it proved that cloves aid in prolactin and testosterone secretion, which are sex hormones that are beneficial to men’s sexual health and performance.
8. Cloves enhance nerve stimulation
Studies have proven that cloves are rich in sterols and phenols properties which help in enhancing nerve stimulation and lead to an improved sexual response in men.
9. Helps to minimize your risk of being infected with STDs
Studies have proven that cloves are rich in antimicrobial properties that fight the pathogens and microbes that cause Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs) in men. Men that consume cloves regularly have lower chances of suffering from STDs.
10. May improve sperm count and motility
Cloves are an excellent source of helpful alkaloids, proteins, vitamins, flavonoids, carbohydrates, and other nutrients, that helps to increase sperm motility and count. It is good medicine for men suffering from low sperm count.
11. Enhances the overall sexual health of men
Studies have proven time and time again that cloves help to enhance sexual desires in men, which improves their overall sexual health.
Over the years, cloves have been used to treat sexual disorders in men, and as such, they are very beneficial for a man’s overall sexual health.
Some other notable benefits of cloves are:
- Boost men’s oral health by freshening up their breath, treating oral infection, and improving greater oral intimacy.
- Aids in weight loss by enhancing metabolism in the body.
- It helps to fight and treat respiratory conditions.
- It is good for the liver.
- It helps to fight addiction. You can chew some cloves any time you feel that urge to smoke.
Precautions When Using Clove
- Avoid using it if you are allergic to cloves. If you have diabetes, monitor your sugar level at regular intervals.
- Do not use undiluted clove oil, as it may cause harm and damage to the skin.
- Do not crush cloves and keep them; it reduces their effectiveness.
How Can Men Use Cloves to Achieve Optimum Sexual Benefits?
To achieve maximum sexual benefits, there are ways you should take your cloves. Below are some efficient ways.
- Clove Tea: You can get one and a half teaspoons of clove powder and mix it into boiling water to make clove tea.
- Clove soup: You can make clove soup by adding four to five cups of clove powder into boiling water. After which, you add some spices like fresh pepper, garlic, and ginger. You can take it alone or together with some legumes.
Does Eating Cloves Have Side Effects
Cloves are healthy; however, when eaten in excess quantities, they can be some side effects. Also, if you begin taking cloves and you notice that you are allergic to them. You are advised to discontinue taking it immediately.
Below are some of the potential side effects of taking cloves.
- Difficulty in breathing
- Increased exposure to cavities
- Burning sensation in your stomach
- Sore throat
- Mouth sores.
Cloves are highly beneficial to men. When used for medicinal purposes, you are sure to witness some improvement in your body. However, you must take it in moderation as too many cloves can be dangerous to your health at times.
- 7 Vital Health Benefits Of Tomatoes For Men
- 7 Potential Health Benefits Of Dates For Men
- 10 Health Benefits of Unripe Plantain to Men
- 10 Mega Benefits of Garlic for Men
- 10 Rich Health Benefits of Bananas for Men
- 10 Notable Health Benefits of Carrots For Men
- 7 Crucial Avocado Benefits For Men
- 5 Exercises for A Healthy Prostate
- Fitness and Erectile Dysfunction: Best Exercises for ED