Dark knuckles are among the leading skin problems faced by many nowadays. This has led people to seek out how to get rid of dark knuckles. Although many factors may cause darker skin on your knuckles, but the most common ones include:
- Lack of proper skincare
- Use of bleaching/Toning creams
- Certain Skin conditions, e.g. skin psoriasis, Dermatomytositis and eczema
- Exposure to harsh chemicals
- Autoimmune disorders
- Vitamin B-12 deficiency
- Addison’s Disease
- Polycystic ovary syndrome
- Certain drug reactions
- Acanthosis nigricans.  
The first thing to do once your knuckles suddenly darken, is to consult your doctor. This may be a sign of a more serious condition that needs urgent treatment
Having known the common causes of dark knuckles, below are some effective remedies for getting rid of this skin condition:
How to Get Rid of Dark Knuckles Permanently
1. Lemon juice and sugar
Lemon Juice and sugar are a great remedy for getting rid of dark knuckles and some other knees, elbows and skin-related conditions. To start with, lemon Juice exhibits bleaching effects while sugar too is rich in exfoliating properties that have been severally proven to be effective for eliminating dry and dead skin.
How to get rid of dark knuckles with Lemon Juice And Sugar
- Get a spoon of lemon juice and mix with a moderate quantity of sugar.
- After that, clean the affected area and allow it to air dry for a few minutes
- Lastly, rub the mixture on the dark knuckles for close to 10 minutes
- Repeat this every night until you get a satisfactory result.
2. Baking Soda
Baking soda contains some astringent properties potent enough to help reduce the appearance of dark knuckles. Fortunately, this remedy is pretty simple to prepare, and it is super effective.
How to get rid of dark knuckles with baking soda
- Pour a pinch of baking soda inside a bowl of warm water and stir evenly for 3 – 5 minutes.
- After that, soak your hands in the water and leave it there for about 15 minutes.
- Lastly, rinse your hands with cold water.
- Use this solution two times every week until you are satisfied with the result.
Honey is widely known for its versatile nature and is being used for treating myriads of health conditions worldwide, including dark knuckles. It helps to clean the skin, get rid of impurities, reduce skin irritation, and improves the texture of the skin.
How to get rid of dark knuckles with Honey
- Apply a moderate quantity of pure, natural honey on the uneven skin area and massage for a while.
- Allow it to dry for about 15 minutes
- After that, wash the concerned skin with warm water
Please note that honey may attract ants and bees, therefore be sure to allow the honey dry off before going out at all.
4. Aloe Vera
Aloe Vera contains a good amount of Soothing Gel, Vitamins, Antioxidants and some other powerful properties. This is an ideal remedy for lightening not just dark knuckles but inner thighs and underarms too.
How to get rid of dark knuckles with Aloe Vera
- Get a fresh aloe vera leaf and extract its gel content
- Blend it thoroughly, and then apply the mixture on the affected area
- Rinse it off after 25 – 30 minutes. 
Although many people are still yet to discover this tomato hack – the ability to reduces hyper-pigmentation of face burns and dark knuckles. Tomato, when ingested or applied directly on the skin, penetrates into the skin to help combat pigmentation and enhance the tone and texture of the skin without triggering any negative effects. One of the health benefits of eating fresh tomatoes is that is boosts the skins tone, and refreshes it.
How to get rid of dark knuckles with Tomatoes
- Get fresh tomatoes and grind until smooth.
- Apply the new juice content on the affected skin and leave for 15 minutes.
- Do this twice every to get best results.
This is the hidden truth. Pineapple isn’t just delicious but serves as a great remedy for treating dark knuckles and some other related skin issues. On the plus side, you don’t need to spend a dime to prepare this remedy at home. All you need is just one or two pieces of a ripe pineapple; nothing more!
How to get rid of knuckles with pineapple
- Chop the ripe pineapple and mash it evenly using a spoon.
- Having done that, the next thing now is to apply the solution on the affected areas.
- Once it is dry, cleanse it off with lukewarm water.
- Repeat it for 2-3 times in a week, and continue using it until you get a satisfactory result.
7. Egg white and Milk
Egg white and milk are excellent sources of protein and vital antioxidants that can help alleviate dark knuckles and enlightening skin tone naturally at home. Egg in particular, also helps to improve the skin’s elasticity and hydration levels to make it appear softer and more radiant.
How to get rid of dark knuckles with egg white
- Get egg white and mix with a tablespoon of powdered milk, vitamin c drops and 1 Dispirin tablet.
- After that, apply the mixture on the affected area, then massage upwards for 5 – 10 minutes.
- Lastly, wash off the concerned skin with warm water.
- You can repeat this remedy for 4 to 5 times a week.
8. Prescription drugs
Some prescription drugs can be very effective for treating dark knuckles. They include medications such as ellagic acid, keratolytics (topical retinoids), soy, topical vitamin D compounds, niacinamide, and oral melatonin. 
Dark knuckle is a fairly common skin condition and can be treated using any of the home remedies we highlighted earlier in this article. That being said, there are several other effective remedies that can help get rid of that darker skin on your knuckles, including Vitamin E oil, Gram flour, Almond, Flax seeds, to name but a few.
If you still do not get significant results upon trying the aforementioned remedies, then it is recommended you ask your doctor about prescription treatments.
Kindly drop your comment below; it means a lot to us here!